Why pursue a master's in writing at Missouri State?
Writing is vital to the success of professionals in all fields and at all levels. By enrolling in our graduate writing program, you will develop superior writing skills and related problem-solving abilities as well as computer know-how.
We offer many opportunities, including the following:
- Diverse programs, practical courses, expert faculty, up-to-date computer resources, and extracurricular activities related to writing
- Courses that teach problem–solving and practical skills
- Flexibility with electives so you can customize your studies
- Expertise from the oldest and largest technical and professional writing program in Missouri
- Preparation to pursue a doctorate
Choose your area of specialization
As a Master of Arts in Writing student, you can specialize in one of the following tracks:
Technical and Professional Writing:
Learn to adapt specialized information accurately and fairly to help readers make decisions, perform tasks, or solve problems.
Rhetoric and Composition:
Prepare both for college-level teaching and for further studies. With a graduate assistantship, you can teach composition during your entire two-year program; ours is one of the few programs to provide that opportunity.