Learning outcomes for the English education graduate program
- Students will understand and utilize educational research methods.
- Students will understand the history of educational philosophies in America and the impact of these philosophies on education.
- Students will exhibit advanced skills in writing, critical reading, and the analysis of language and literature.
- Students will fulfill Missouri State’s Public Affairs mission (Cultural Competence, Ethical Leadership, Civic Engagement) by applying their learning to current or future classroom teaching assignments.
- Depending on their interests, graduates will be prepared for advanced teaching assignments at the secondary level or doctoral study.