The 36th Annual Children's Literature Festival of the Ozarks
Missouri State University Campus
Monday, November 21, 2016
Author Presentations: 9:30 a.m. - 1:45 p.m. - Registration required
By accepting your reservation, we are removing those seats from circulation. Therefore, you are financially responsible for the number of seats you reserve.
Free Autograph Party: 6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. - No registration necessary
Each year, children’s authors and illustrators are invited to the Ozarks to speak with students in grades 4 through 8. The purpose of the Festival is to improve literacy by motivating children to read and write, and these inspirational presentations do just that! Bring your students during the day, and encourage them to bring their families to the free autograph party in the evening.
- Open to grades 4 - 8
- Sessions - one author per time slot
- Morning: 9:30-10:15 & 10:30-11:15
- Afternoon: 12:00-12:45 & 1:00-1:45
- Groups may attend morning and/or afternoon session
- Maximum 15 students per group (minimum of one adult sponsor per 15 students required)
- Student -- $2.50 per session/$5.00 for entire day
- Adult -- $8.00 per session/$10.00 for entire day
- Evening Autograph Party - FREE
- Pre-registration is required! Register early; morning sessions generally fill quickly!
- Selected titles by participating authors will be on sale in Plaster Student Union Ballroom West
- We will let you know about this later. Ballroom West will be used for an author room most of the day.
- Authors will autograph their books for students:
- 2:00 p.m. - 2:30 p.m. and at the Autograph Party from 6:30-8:00 p.m.
- Book Sales will be open from 6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Free Autograph Party and Author Spotlight Takes place 6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m in the Plaster Student Union Ballroom West.
Great opportunity to meet and speak with your favorite authors.
Authors Attending in 2016 - Prepare for Your Visit!
The Web sites below are provided to help your students become familiar with the authors attending this year’s Festival. For your students' enjoyment and information, please prepare by reading books by the authors you would like to visit. The committee does everything possible to place your students into the author sessions you request; however, due to high demand, we may not be able to grant your first choice.
- Janet Lee Carey – Seattle, WA – http://janetleecarey.com
- J.B. Cheaney – Bolivar, MO – www.jbcheaney.com
- David Harrison – Springfield, MO – http://davidlharrison.com
- Antony John – St. Louis, MO – http://antonyjohn.net
- David Patneaude – Seattle, WA – www.patneaude.com
- Obert Skye – Ammon, ID – www.abituneven.com
- Brad Sneed – Prairie Village, KS – www.bradsneed.com
- April Henry – Portland, OR –www.aprilhenrymysteries.com
- Marie Smith - Wilsonville, OR
- Roland Smith - Wilsonville, OR – http://www.rolandsmith.com
- Tara Dairman - Boulder, CO - Taradairmon.com
- Cheryl Harness - Independence, MO - www.cherylharness.com
- Susan Keene - Niangua, MO - http://www.amazon.com/SusanKeene/e/D00DJTSKGK
- Ann Ingalls - Kansas City, MO - http://anningalls.com/
Need Further Information?
Contact Becky Crowder, Committee Chair:
Contact Margaret Butler for questions about registration.
Connect with us via Social Media
Want to Help?
If you would like to support our educational mission, please consider a tax-free donation. Send checks payable to Children’s Literature Festival of the Ozarks to:
Missouri State University
Greenwood Lab School
901 S. National Ave.
Springfield, MO 65897
Children's Literature Festival of the Ozarks Steering Committee