The 38th Annual Children's Literature
Festival of the Ozarks
Missouri State University Campus
Thursday, October 11, 2018
Author Presentations: 10:00 a.m. - 12:45 p.m. - Registration required
By accepting your reservation, we are removing those seats from circulation. Therefore, you are financially responsible for the number of seats you reserve.
Authors are assigned on a first come, first serve basis. We work hard trying to meet the requests that are sent in, but we cannot guarantee you will see the requested authors.
Registration opens at 7:00 a.m. on Friday, August 31. Register here
New This Year:
The Autograph Party will be from 6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m
at The Library Station
2535 N Kansas Expy, Springfield, MO
Each year, children’s authors and illustrators are invited to the Ozarks to speak with students in grades 4 through 8. The purpose of the festival is to improve literacy by motivating children to read and write, and these inspirational presentations do just that! Bring your students during the day, and encourage them to bring their families to the free autograph party in the evening.
- Open to grades 4 - 8
- Sessions - one author per time slot
*Note: We have changed the format for this year's festival. There will only be three sessions. When you register, it will be for three sessions. Problems with the busses have created a need for this change.
- Autographing in PSU 9:00 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
- Session 1—10:00 a.m. - 10:45 a.m.
- Session 2—11:00 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.
- Break—11:45 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
- Session 3—12:15 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Autographing in PSU 1:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- Maximum 15 students per group (minimum of one adult sponsor per 15 students required)
- $5.00 for children, $10.00 for adults
- Evening Autograph Party - FREE
- Pre-registration is required. Register early; sessions generally fill quickly!
- Selected titles by participating authors will be on sale in Plaster Student Union Ballroom West
- Authors will autograph their books for students at 9:00 a.m. - 9:30 a.m., 1:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m., and at the Autograph Party from 6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Book Sales will be open from 9:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Free Autograph Party and Author Spotlight Takes place 6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m at The Library Station
- Great opportunity to meet and speak with your favorite authors.
Authors Attending in 2018 - Prepare for Your Visit!
The websites below are provided to help your students become familiar with the authors attending this year’s festival. For your students' enjoyment and information, please prepare by reading books by the authors you would like to visit. The committee does everything possible to place your students into the author sessions you request; however, due to high demand, we may not be able to grant your first choice.
- Janet Lee Carey – Bellevue, WA – www.janetleecarey.com
- William Anderson – Lapeer, MI – www.williamandersonbooks.com
- J.B. Cheaney – Bolivar, MO – www.jbcheaney.com
- David Harrison – Springfield, MO – www.davidlharrison.com
- Antony John – St. Louis, MO – www.antonyjohn.net
- Kate Klise – Peoria, IL – www.kateandsarahklise.com
- David Patneaude – Seattle, WA – www.patneaude.com
- Jackson Pearce – Decatur, GA – www.jackson-pearce.com
- Obert Skye – Ammon, ID – www.obertskye.com
- Brad Sneed – Prairie Village, KS – www.bradsneed.com
- Marie Smith – Wilsonville, OR – www.rolandsmith.com
- Roland Smith – Wilsonville, OR – www.rolandsmith.com
- Dorinda Nicholson – Kansas City, MO – www.pearlharborchild.com
- Roderick Townley – Shawnee Mission, KS – www.rodericktownley.com
- Stephanie Bearce – St. Charles, MO – www.stephaniebearce.com
Need Further Information?
Contact Becky Crowder, Committee Chair:
Connect with us via Social Media
Want to Help?
If you would like to support our educational mission, please consider a tax-free donation. Send checks payable to Children’s Literature Festival of the Ozarks to:
Missouri State University
Greenwood Lab School
901 S. National Ave.
Springfield, MO 65897
Children's Literature Festival of the Ozarks Steering Committee