Dr. Margaret E. Weaver
Missouri State University
901 S. National Ave.
Springfield, MO 65897
- PhD, Humanities: Composition Theory and Rhetoric, 1997, University of Texas – Arlington
ENG 100 Introduction to College Composition
- ENG 110 Writing I
- ENG 210 Writing II
- ENG 310 Writing for Graduate School
- ENG 520/629 Composition and Rhetoric in High School and Junior College
- ENG 523/623 Writing Center Theory and Practice
- ENG 525/627 History of Rhetoric
- ENG 526/628 Rhetorics for the 21st Century
- ENG 580 Gendered Rhetoric and Pedagogy
- ENG 703 Practicum in Teaching Writing
- ENG 720 Composition Theory
- ENG 721 Theory of Basic Writing
- ENG 722 Literacy Theory and Composition
- ENG 725 Performative Rhetorics
- ’That’s a Blonde Remark’: Gendered Communication in the Workplace. Feminist Challenges or Feminist Rhetorics?: Locations, Scholarship and Discourse. Ed. Kirsti Cole. Newcastle, UK: Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2014. 145-156.
- Transcending ‘Conversing’: A Deaf Student in the Writing Center. The St.Martin’s Sourcebook for Writing Tutors. 2nd ed., 3rd ed., 4th ed. Eds. Christina Murphy and Steve Sherwood. Boston: Bedford Press, 2003, 2007, 2011. 221-232.
- A Call for Racial Diversity in the Writing Center. The Writing Center Director’s Resource Book. Eds. Christina Murphy and Byron Stay. New Jersey: Lawrence Erlbaum & Associates, 2006. 79-91.
Research and professional interests
- Composition pedagogy
- Feminist and postmodern rhetorics
- Collaborative theories
- Writing center studies
- Basic writing and directed self placement
Awards and honors
- Governor’s Award for Excellence in Teaching, 2021
- University Foundation Award in Teaching, 2021
- FCTL Faculty Award for Excellence in Online Teaching, Missouri State University, 2020
- Curtis P. Lawrence Master Teacher Award, Missouri State University, 2019
- Eric Shade Memorial Faculty Governance Award, Missouri State University, 2018
- FCTL Teaching Award in Accessible Learning, 2018
- Nominee for Outstanding Graduate Mentor, 2014
- MACURH (Midwest Affiliate of College and University Residence Halls) Regional Institution Faculty/Staff Winner, April 2013
- University Foundation Award in Teaching, 2012
- Outstanding Honors Instructor, Fall 2010
- Nominee for Outstanding Graduate Mentor, 2009
- International Writing Centers Association Outstanding Scholarship Award, Best Article in 2004. “Censoring What Tutor’s Clothing ‘Says: The ‘Right’ Path of Violation of First Amendment Rights? Writing Center Journal 24.2 (2004): 19-36.
- College Service Award, 2004
- College Teaching Award, 2003
- International Writing Centers Association Outstanding Scholarship Award Nominee, Best Article in 2001. “Resistance is Anything But Futile: Some More Thoughts on Writing Conference Summaries.” Writing Center Journal 21.2 (2001): 35-56.
- University Teaching Award, 2001