Student Learning Outcomes
Learning outcomes for the literature program
- Students will understand, analyze, and effectively use the conventions of the English language.
- Students will examine how texts function across a range of genres, contexts, and cultures.
- Students will fulfill Missouri State University's Public Affairs Mission by analyzing how their writing, reading and research:
- respond to existing leadership and help provide new leadership
- represent cultures and encounters between cultures
- answer the needs of existing communities and creative new communities (or how these skills might be meaningfully applied in these areas