Consider a minor
Unlock the potential of communication and critical thinking with a minor.
Tracks in French, Spanish, and TESOL
Tracks in Rhetoric/Composition and Technical/Professional Writing
Why choose English?
- The undergraduate creative writing program is one of the largest programs of its kind in the country and offers classes in the areas of fiction, nonfiction, poetry, graphic narrative, and writing for children/young adults.
- The literature program offers the quintessential liberal arts education, a well-rounded background for any career in such areas as education, government, law, library science, editing, and publishing.
- The English education program is the largest in the state and home to the Ozarks Writing Project, which has distinguished itself by becoming an official site for the National Writing Project.
- Graduates from the technical and professional writing program hold a placement rate of virtually 100%, and the jobs are among the highest paying for college graduates with four-year degrees.
- Students who receive certification in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) may travel abroad to teach English as a second language to students K-12 to the university level.