Student Learning Outcomes
Learning outcomes for the English education undergraduate program
- Students will understand, analyze and effectively use the conventions of the English
- Students will examine how texts function across a range of genres, contexts and cultures.
- Students will fulfill Missouri State University’s Public Affairs Mission by analyzing
how their writing, reading and research:
- Respond to existing leadership and help provide new leadership.
- Represent cultures and encounters between cultures.
- Answer the needs of existing communities and creative new communities (or how these
skills might be meaningfully applied in these areas).