Declaring an English major

Students wishing to declare an English major, minor, or certificate program should contact the Academic Advising and Transfer Center in University Hall 109 or the Office of the Registrar

Undergraduate advising

Once you've declared an English major, minor or certificate program, contact the Department of English to be assigned an advisor. If you have forgotten who has been assigned as your advisor, log in to My Missouri State and select the Student tab, then Student Profile link. 

Once you have been assigned an advisor, you can contact him or her directly to schedule appointments for advising. If you have completed fewer than 75 hours, you are required to speak with and receive your advisor’s release to register for classes.