Dr. Leslie E. Seawright
Missouri State University
901 S. National Ave.
Springfield, MO 65897
- PhD, 2012, University of Arkansas
- MA, 2008, University of Arkansas
- BA, 1999, University of Oklahoma
- Seawright, Leslie. Genre of Power: Police Report Writers and Readers in the Justice System. Studies in Writing and Rhetoric Series. National Council Teachers of English (NCTE). 2017
- Seawright, Leslie and Amy Hodges ed. Learning Across Borders: International and Transnational Education. Newcastle: Cambridge Scholars Publishing. 2016. ISBN: 978-1-4438-8583-6.
- Seawright, Leslie, ed. Going Global: Transnational Perspectives on Globalization, Language, and Education. Newcastle: Cambridge Scholars Publishing. September 2014. ISBN: 978-1-4438-6333-9.
- Seawright, Leslie, Troy Bickham, Amy Hodges, & Elizabeth Schmidt. “Challenging the Profiles of a Plagiarist: A Study of Abstracts Submitted to an International Interdisciplinary Conference.” International Journal for Educational Integrity. 13:7 (2017): 15 Pgs. DOI: 10.1007/s40979-017-0016-3.
- Seawright, Leslie. “Night Blind: The Places of Police Writing.” College Composition and Communication. 66:1 (2014): 18-20. ISSN: 0010-096X.
- Seawright, Leslie E. “Teaching Technical Writing: Opportunities for International Collaboration" iJEP (International Journal of Engineering Pedagogy). 4:2 (2014): 28-30. eISSN: 2192-4880.
- Seawright, Leslie & Ibrahim Hassan (Faculty advisors). Exploring Engineering: The Internal Combustion Engine. A Texas A&M University at Qatar Children’s Book Series. Doha: Texas A&M University at Qatar Outreach Office. June 2016.
- Seawright, Leslie. “The STEM Loop: Undergraduate Engineering Students Create a STEM Children’s Book” American Association of Engineering Education 2016 International Forum. June 2016. Paper ID #17480. Available at peer.asee.org.
- Seawright, Leslie E. “Making the Connection: Critical Literacies and Police Officer Identity.” Conference Proceedings of International Conference on Social Sciences and Humanities. May 2015. ISBN: 978-93-84422-17-2.
- Seawright, Leslie Lee Eames. “Providing Engineering Students with International Writing Experiences.” IEEE Xplore. September 2013. DOI: 10.1109/ICL.2013.6644697.
- Seawright, Leslie E. “Finding a Way: Examining Literacy as a Social Process and its Impact on Meaning and Self.” The Quint, 5:3 (2013): 95-107.
Research and professional interests
- Intercultural Technical Writing
- Transnational Higher Education
- Professional Workplace Writing
- Police Writing
- Technical Writing Pedagogy