Dr. Angela B. Bell
Missouri State University
901 S. National Ave.
Springfield, MO 65897
- PhD, 2011, University of North Dakota
- MA, 2003, University of West Florida
- BA, 1995, Virginia Tech
- ENG 605: Methods in TESOL
- ENG 688: Sociolinguistics for Language Teaching
- ENG 691: Linguistic Theory
- ENG 695: Principles of Second Language Acquisition
- ENG 696: Materials and Assessment in TESOL
- ENG 697: Practicum in TESOL
iELT-Ozarks Project courses
- Grant, L., Bell, A. B., Yoo, M., Jimenez, C., & Frye, B. (2017). Professional development for educators to promote literacy development of English Learners: Valuing home connections. Reading Horizons, 56(4). https://scholarworks.wmich.edu/reading_horizons/vol56/iss4/2.
- Baecher, L., & Bell, A. (2017). Opportunity to teach: Push-in and pull-out models of English Language Learner instruction. Journal of Education and Culture Studies 1(1).
- Bell, A., & Baecher, L. (September 2012, Special Edition Journal). Points on a continuum: ESL teachers reporting on collaboration across program models. TESOL Journal 3(3), 488-515.
- Baecher, L., & Bell, A. (2011). A “continuum” model of collaboration in ESL. Academic Exchange Quarterly, 15(1), 56-61.
Research and professional interests
- Educator collaboration
- Best practices to support English learners
- Family engagement
- School improvement
Awards and honors
- Research award, University of Colorado Colorado Springs, award for being recipient of Improving literacy of young English Learners: Professional development for educators in Southern Colorado. Elementary and Secondary Education Act 2001, Improving Teacher Quality, Title II Program administered by the Colorado Department of Higher Education, 2013.
- TESOL Advocacy Summit grant awardee. Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) International. 2012 and 2013.
- Teacher of the Year, Jane Long Middle School, TX, 1999-2000
- Teacher of the Year, Northeast Guilford High School, NC, 1996-1997