Dr. Leslie E. Seawright
Missouri State University
901 S. National Ave.
Springfield, MO 65897
- PhD, 2012, University of Arkansas
- MA, 2008, University of Arkansas
- BA, 1999, University of Oklahoma
- Seawright, Leslie. Genre of Power: Police Report Writers and Readers in the Justice System. Studies in Writing and Rhetoric Series. National Council Teachers of English (NCTE). 2017
- Seawright, Leslie and Amy Hodges ed. Learning Across Borders: International and Transnational Education. Newcastle: Cambridge Scholars Publishing. 2016. ISBN: 978-1-4438-8583-6.
- Seawright, Leslie, ed. Going Global: Transnational Perspectives on Globalization, Language, and Education. Newcastle: Cambridge Scholars Publishing. September 2014. ISBN: 978-1-4438-6333-9.
Selected peer-reviewed journal articles
- Seawright, Leslie, Robyn Albers, and Susan Schanne. (2021). “Building Cultural Competence and Changing Cultural Perceptions: Students from the UAE and USA Participate in a Cultural Exchange Project” Business Communication Research and Practice. 4(1) pp. 5-13.
- Seawright, Leslie. (2020) “Using CRAP Design to Create Effective Documents.” Business and Professional Communication Quarterly. 83(2) pp. 235-236.
- Seawright, Leslie & Amy Hodges. (2019) “Writing in Transnational Workplaces: Teaching Strategies for Multilingual Engineers.” IEEE Transactions on Professional Communication. 62(3) pp. 298-309.
- Seawright, Leslie. (2019) “Writing for Global Audiences: Creating a Business Communication Guide.” Business and Professional Communication Quarterly. 82(2) pp. 242-244.
- Hodges, A., Bickham, T., Schmidt, E., & Seawright, L. (2017) “Challenging the Profiles of a Plagiarist: A Study of Abstracts Submitted to an International Interdisciplinary Conference.” International Journal for Educational Integrity. 13(7) pp. 1-15.
- Seawright, Leslie. (2014) “Night Blind: The Places of Police Writing.” College Composition and Communication. 66(1) pp. 18-21.
- Seawright, Leslie E. (2014) “Teaching Technical Writing: Opportunities for International Collaboration" iJEP International Journal of Engineering Pedagogy. 4(2) pp 28-31.
Research and professional interests
- Intercultural Technical Writing
- Transnational Higher Education
- Professional Workplace Writing
- Police Writing
- Technical Writing Pedagogy
Awards and honors
- Award for Excellence in Study Away Programming – Cultural Competence, 2020